Sunday, May 8, 2016

Finding Inspiration on my iPhone!

As my departure date comes closer and closer, I can barely contain my excitement.  I will be working at Boot (pronounced Bo-at) National High School with a physics teacher in Tanauan City, Batangas, Philippines.  I'll spend June 5-10 in Manila, June 11-20 in Tanauan City, and June 21-22 in Manila.  I am most looking forward to...everything!  As I was scrolling through my phone this afternoon I came across a few songs that give me inspiration as I set out on this amazing journey.

"Humble and Kind" by Tim McGraw

The first time I heard this song, it brought tears to my eyes.  His words are so powerful and spoke to me as I embark on this amazing journey.  As I am experiencing the Philippines in a few short weeks, I will remember the words of this song.

"I Lived" by One Republic

This song holds a special place in my heart.  It came out not long after I had finished a very challenging school year.  The lyrics resonated with me because I realized I had lost myself in the stress and frustration of the year and I forgot to live.  I told myself I would never make that mistake again, in fact, a combination of this song and my 2014-15 AP HuG class is the reason I applied for the TGC program!

"Try Everything" by Shakira
This song is self-explanatory.  I'll just have to remind myself of this song when it comes to the more exotic foods of the Philippines. ;)

"Back Home" by Andy Grammar
No matter where I go in the world, home will always be the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment