Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Crying Kids and a Yapping Dog!

Thursday, June 23

Today started with a super early wake up...3:00 AM for my 8:00 departure to home.  This day was definitely the longest day of my life!  I left Manila at 8:00 AM and arrived in Philadelphia at 9:00 PM thanks to a flight delay.  My multiple flights included getting hustle by the porters in Manila, two lengthy layovers, exploring Narita airport, crying babies, fussy children, multiple meals, and minimal sleep, plus a yapping dog on my 13-hour flight from Tokyo to Detroit!




 
If I haven't said it before in my blog, let me say it in this final entry...thank you!  I am forever grateful for my experience in the Philippines and I have a few thank yous that I want to make blog official.

1.  The US State Department and IREX - Thank you for making it possible for me to participate in the Teachers for Global Classrooms Program and the International Field Experience in the Philippines.  It has given me a new global perspective that will guide my teaching for many years to come.

2. My Fellow TGC-Philippines Fellows - I could not have asked for a more amazing group of likeminded, talented, and inspiring educators to travel to the other side of the world with and experience the beauty and culture of the Philippines.

3.  The Boot National High School Community - You have something very special that many schools wish they had and that's a true school community-so many people dedicated to the success of the students!  Thank you for welcoming me with open arms and allowing me to become a part of something so amazing.  Keep up the great work and know that I'll be a better teacher because of my time at Boot.  I am sending you much love and admiration from the US! :)

4.  Amy Buban - It's hard to think of words to describe what you have done for us!  You are truly a blessing.  With the amount of time you put in to planning and re-planning my experience, thank you seems inappropriate.  You gave Wendi, Jan, and I the experience of a lifetime for which we will never be able to repay you, but know that you have a lifetime friendship with 3 crazy teachers from the US!

5.  Jan Cutforth and Wendi Pillars - My travel partners in crime!  Thank you for making my first lengthy international travel experience phenomenal.  I had an amazing time with two really cool ladies.  A million thanks for the many laughs, hugs, and selfies.

6. My Family-Tom, Keegan, and Kaitlin - You allowed me to follow a dream and I can't thank you enough! Love ya bunches!

No comments:

Post a Comment